To qualify you must:
- Have a total household income less than 80% of area median income*
- Contribute a minimum of 1% of the purchase price or $1,000 of your own funds to close
- Provide a completed application and all required documents as outlined in the program guidelines
- Buy a home in the City of Kettering
- Agree to live in the property as a primary residence for at least 5 years
Additional restrictions apply. Funds are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The First-Time Homebuyer Program
The HomeOwnership Center’s First-Time Homebuyer program is a requirement for Kettering’s down payment assistance program.
Completing the First-Time Homebuyer program does not automatically qualify you for down payment assistance. If you are only interested in the First-Time Homebuyer program because it is a requirement for obtaining down payment assistance, do not sign up for the program until you have been approved by Kettering.
Take the first step to apply for Kettering down payment assistance:
This program is administered by the City of Kettering and not the HomeOwnership Center. If you would like to apply for the program or if you just want to learn more, complete the following form and your information will be forwarded to the city. The City of Kettering will get back with you!
The HomeOwnership Center does not discriminate in housing because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin or any other local protected class.
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
The HomeOwnership Center is an Equal Opportunity Lender
Get Our E-Newsletter
The HomeOwnership Center is a program of County Corp.