If one of your children is ready to buy their own home, they are probably looking to you for advice. No one likes to have the “House” talk with their son or daughter. The process of buying a home has changed a lot since you started out and you don’t want to give your children bad advice. None-the-less, you don’t want them making mistakes that could end up costing them a lot of money down the road. If these thoughts sound familiar, you could use someone that has knowledge and experience in guiding people down the smart path to homeownership.
Don’t worry. We’ll have the talk for you.
Buying a home is one of those times when it pays to bring in the experts. The Home Ownership Center’s First-Time Homebuyer Program will give your son or daughter the information they need to make the right choices when buying their first home. Here is what we provide to them:
A Homeownership Advisor will meet with your kids and provide a personal Roadmap to Homeownership and follow them every step of the way from credit review to closing on a home. Our housing professionals take the time to understand their priorities and share the information they need to make informed decisions about purchasing their first home.
- Review their homeownership goals
- Help them determine how much house they can afford
- Review their credit scores
- Inform them aboutdown payment assistance programs
- Work with them to create an individual Action Plan so they know exactly what steps need to be taken next
Classes that Build Confidence
In a classroom setting or online your kids will gain the knowledge they need to work with third parties like lenders, real estate agents, and home inspectors to prepare them for success.
- How do lenders determine their maximum mortgage amount?
- How do they get the best loan?
- What do they need to know about working with a real estate agent?
- Why should they get a home inspection?
- How do they repair a leaky faucet?
- How much savings should they have before they buy?
Resources and Support
Your kids can take advantage of invaluable resources and an exceptional support system. They will learn from the people that know how to guide them to their first-home.
- They will talk with our Lending Department about Down Payment Assistance and mortgage programs designed for first-time homebuyers
- They will learn about local initiatives and special properties
- They will gain access to a network of professionals and programs that could save them thousands
Give your kids a head start on their path to homeownership.
Enroll your son or daughter in the HomeOwnership Center’s Complete First-Time Homebuyer’s Program. From the day they begin the process of buying a house to the day they close, we will be with them every step along the way. Whatever challenges they face, the HomeOwnership Center can show your kids how to overcome them and save time, hassle, and money. Go ahead and buy a First-Time Homebuyer Gift Certificate.
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
The HomeOwnership Center is an Equal Opportunity Lender
Get Our E-Newsletter
The HomeOwnership Center is a program of County Corp.