All Funding is Reserved
Applicants will be put on a waiting list and notified if funding becomes available.
The HomeOwnership Center of Greater Dayton offers a down payment assistance program in partnership with Miami Valley Fair Housing Center’s (MVFHC) Inclusive Community Fund (ICF) a home in designated areas of Montgomery County, OH. Designation of areas is intended to revitalize neighborhoods and counteract the devastating damage resulting from foreclosure, disparities in REO maintenance and marketing, and resulting neighborhood blight. The ICF encourages successful homeownership, which is a win-win for the neighborhoods, homebuyers, and local economy.
Eligibility Guidelines: The HomeOwnership Center determines applicant eligibility.
Income: Applicants’ household income must be no more than 200% of the area median income.
Assistance: The ICF offers down payment assistance in the amount of 20% of the purchase price, up to a maximum of $20,000. The assistance is provided as a 0% interest deferred mortgage loan, with 50% forgiven after five years of primary residency in the property. Layering of additional subordinate financing may be permitted under certain circumstances.
- Live in the property as their primary residence for a minimum of 60 months from the date of first occupancy.
- Contribute a minimum amount toward the purchase as follows:
- Purchase Price $0 – $50,000 = $500
- Purchase Price $50,001 – $100,000 = $1,000
- Purchase Price greater than $100,000 = 1% of the purchase price
- ALL FHA LOANS REQUIRE 3.5% contributed by borrower
- Be a first time homebuyer (or not have owned a home for the last 3 years)
- Complete Homebuyer Education which includes an Individual Session through the HomeOwnership Center (first-time homebuyers).
- Obtain a Home Inspection with all Safety listings repaired before closing.
- Complete a Home Maintenance Class in partnership w/ Habitat for Humanity within 180 days of closing.
- Provide a complete application and supporting documentation.
Property: The property must be in targeted neighborhoods as designated by MVFHC. Tax District must state Trotwood, Jefferson Township, or Harrison Township on Montgomery County Auditor website: https://www.mcrealestate.org/search/commonsearch.aspx?mode=address
Financing: Must be a fixed rate mortgage with a lender and loan approved by the HomeOwnership Center.
Additional restrictions apply. Funds are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, contact the HomeOwnership Center at (937) 853-1600.
The Inclusive Community Fund 2022 is funded as a result of the efforts of the Miami Valley Fair Housing Center, Inc. which takes all appropriate and necessary action to ensure that fair housing laws are properly and fairly enforced throughout our region, the State of Ohio, and nationally. Specifically, this funding comes from the resolution of a federal lawsuit against Fannie Mae.
Next Step: Connect with staff through one of the following links. If you have an accepted contract to purchase a house, click on the Accepted Contract button below to start the application process. If you do not yet have an accepted contract, hit the Counseling button below to get scheduled for your free homebuyer counseling session and get the process started while you start the homebuying process.