What is the Mortgage Assistance Program?
The HomeOwnership Center of Greater Dayton is working with Miami Valley Community Action Partnership to help local homeowners who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mortgage Assistance Program helps homeowners to catch up on their mortgage and ultimately avoid foreclosure. Grant funds come through the Ohio Coronavirus Relief Fund Home Relief Grant Emergency Services Program. Funds will be paid directly to applicant’s mortgage company.
Qualified applicants must:
- Own a home (primary residence) in Montgomery, Greene, Darke, Preble, or Warren County.
- Have had a financial hardship due to COVID-19 that impacted their ability to pay their mortgage.
- Be behind on their mortgage, or in a forbearance agreement with their mortgage company, as of 4/1/2020 or later.
- Have household income below 200% of federal poverty level
Household Size Income Limit 1 $ 25,520 2 $ 34,480 3 $ 43,440 4 $ 52,400 5 $ 61,360 6 $ 70,320 7 $ 79,280 8 $ 88,240
- Complete an application, provide required documentation, and discuss their circumstances with HomeOwnership Center staff.
How Do You Apply for the Mortgage Assistance Program?
- Gather your documents before you begin the application process. You can even take photos of your documents using your mobile phone before you begin the application.
- Photo identification of the applicant(s) (i.e. driver’s license)
- Most recent mortgage statement that shows principal, interest and current amount due + any recent correspondence from your lender on all mortgages on the property
- Documentation or explanation of COVID-19 financial hardship (i.e. reduction of income or increased expenses)
- Social Security Card for each household member
- Income documentation for all household members (any and all that apply)
- Paystubs for last 30 days
- Unemployment Determination Letter
- Social Security award letters for current year
- Award letters or statements verifying: child support, alimony, pension, disability, etc.
- Click on the button below to get started.
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
The HomeOwnership Center is an Equal Opportunity Lender
Get Our E-Newsletter
The HomeOwnership Center is a program of County Corp.