What is the Mortgage and Utility Assistance Program?
The HomeOwnership Center of Greater Dayton is working with Miami Valley Community Action Partnership to help local homeowners who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mortgage Assistance Program helps homeowners to catch up on their mortgage and ultimately avoid foreclosure. Funding is also available to pay utility bills that are behind. Grant funds come through the Community Development Block Grant CARES Act (CDBG-CV). Funds will be paid directly to applicant’s mortgage company and utility companies.
Qualified applicants must:
- Own a home (primary residence) in Montgomery, Greene, Darke, Warren or Preble County.
- Have had a financial hardship due to COVID-19 that impacted their ability to pay their mortgage.
- Be behind on their mortgage, or in a forbearance agreement with their mortgage company, as of 4/1/2020 or later.
- Qualifying household income
- Complete an application, provide required documentation, and discuss their circumstances with HomeOwnership Center staff.
How Do You Apply for the Mortgage and Utility Assistance Program?
- Gather your documents before you begin the application process. You can even take photos of your documents using your mobile phone before you begin the application.
- Photo identification of the applicant(s) (i.e. driver’s license)
- Most recent mortgage statement that shows principal, interest and current amount due + any recent correspondence from your lender on all mortgages on the property
- Documentation or explanation of COVID-19 financial hardship (i.e. reduction of income or increased expenses)
- Social Security Card for each household member or a document showing social security numbers (ex. Tax Return).
- Income documentation for all household members (any and all that apply)
- Paystubs for last 30 days
- Unemployment Determination Letter
- Social Security award letters for current year
- Award letters or statements verifying: child support, alimony, pension, disability, etc.
- Utility Bills: provide copy of most recent utilities bills showing past due balance and payment history.
- Click on the button below to get started.
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
The HomeOwnership Center is an Equal Opportunity Lender
Get Our E-Newsletter
The HomeOwnership Center is a program of County Corp.