What is the Mortgage Assistance Program?
The HomeOwnership Center of Greater Dayton has partnered with Montgomery County to help local homeowners who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mortgage Assistance Program helps homeowners to catch up on their mortgage and ultimately avoid foreclosure.
The HomeOwnership Center will:
- Review the specific circumstances for each applicant to determine eligibility.
- Communicate with the applicant’s mortgage lender to determine the status of the loan and options to bring the mortgage up to date.
- Provide up to $10,000 to be applied directly to a qualified applicant’s mortgage to bring the account current. The amount of assistance will be based on individual circumstances including the status of the mortgage.
- Provide follow-up with Mortgage Assistance Program recipients.
- Offer additional services to applicants such as financial fitness, foreclosure prevention, debt management and community referrals.
Do You Qualify For the Mortgage Assistance Program?
Qualified applicants must:
- Own a home (primary residence) in Montgomery County with an original mortgage of $300,000 or less.
- Have had a loss of employment income after March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19 that impacted the homeowner’s ability to pay their mortgage. The loss of income could have been caused by a layoff, reduced work hours, furlough, or reduction in pay.
- Be behind on their mortgage, or in a forbearance agreement with their mortgage company, as of 3/1/2020.
- Complete an application, provide required documentation, and discuss their circumstances with HomeOwnership Center staff.
- Participate in follow-up with HOC staff regarding the applicant’s financial and mortgage status.
How Do You Apply for the Mortgage Assistance Program?
1. Gather your documents before you begin the application process. You can even take photos of your documents using your mobile phone before you begin the application.
- Photo identification of the applicant(s) (i.e. driver’s license)
- Most recent mortgage statement that shows principal, interest and current amount due + any recent correspondence from your lender on all mortgages on the property
- Documentation of COVID-19 related income reduction (i.e. initial unemployment determination letter)
- First page of applicant(s) most recent Income Tax Return
2. Click on the button below to get started.
130 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45402
The HomeOwnership Center is an Equal Opportunity Lender
Get Our E-Newsletter
The HomeOwnership Center is a program of County Corp.